Saturday, June 29, 2013

Home Goodies

I have retreated to the office each evening this week in search of some new furnishings for my home. I've only lived in this apartment for 3 months and haven't really had the chance to tart it up with some trinkets. Everyone knows us girls love our useless bits and bobs, so enjoy this collection and give your living space soom va va voom! All prices correct at time of going to press.

Your first stop is to check out the interior design section on notonthehighstreet.com, there are plenty of cute nick naks available here...

'Welcome' Vinyl Wall Sticker
I fell in love when I saw this wall sticker! I have always wanted something to grasp visitors attention as they walk through the door and this is just the ticket. They are just £14 and made to order. I cant wait to pop this above my dresser in the hall. Buy Here.

Personalised Heart Plaque
These are just perfect, you can have anything you want written on them, I opted for
"It's Champagne for dinner, or nothing" to go in my kitchen. All of these pieces are £6.50, so you may as well be naughty and get a few. Buy Here.

Personalised Date Stone
Personalised pebbles from £15, I have bought some of these to liven up a vintage bowl I have on the coffee table table, it sure beats pot pourri! Buy Here.

In my home-town, in Devon there is a beautiful little shop called The Distinguished. It is set just by the harbour on a rickety old cobbled area called The Barbican. The shop sells little home treats, jewellery and fabulous rubbish. They also, handily, sell all their wares online.  
        HEART Wool Throw by JJ Textile - product image
Although it's British Summer (apparently,) its never warm enough to go without a handy blanket for those evenings watching the first auditions of X Factor. This is the throw I purchased by JJ Textile. They also have various seasonal designs, but the appeal here is they are softer than soft, made from 100% New Zealand wool. Buy Here.
       Enchanted Woods Apron by Ulster Weavers - product images
I am no culinary whiz  and I would rather buy a bottle of champers than cook a pot roast, but on the odd occasion you have to try to prove to your boyfriend that you could make a wife one day. So in an attempt to make my kitchen look as though it's ever been used I have this darling Enchanted Woods apron, for £16.50. Buy Here.
I Love Hamdmade Ribbon 3 metre spool - product image
As I have moved up to London and far away from my Nan, I have nobody to make curtain ties for me anymore  One roll of this will make two quirky bows for curtains. It looks really well thought out and gets plenty of compliments.Buy Here.

On One Brown Cow, there are some adorable pieces of homeware...

Dishes I'd Rather Be Doing Tea Towel
These tea towels entitled "Dishes I'd rather be doing" fit in perfectly with any females kitchen. The brand is called 'To Dry For.' Full marks to them for clever word play, and a bargain too at £9.95 each. Buy Here.

Miho Blossom Deer Head Wall Trophy
Wooden Deer Head. An attractive, less inhumane alternative to taxidermy. Hang in pride of place above the dining table, or in your main entrance. There are a variety of patterns to choose from, and at £35.00 it would be rude not indulge. Buy Here.

Floral Stripe Bunting
It would almost be a sin not include bunting in the home of a fashionista. This is the perfect maze of colours to brighten up a spare room, or study. £13.95 for 15 pennants. Buy Here.
ARHighFashion@london.com





No comments:

Post a Comment